First Avenue stands against today’s Supreme Court ruling overturning Roe v. Wade. This heartbreaking decision puts our collective health and well-being at risk, denies people their very human rights, and sets our country back in the progress we’ve made.
While you may feel overwhelmed, it is not the time to give up. At this moment, we must stand together, support each other, and we must act.
First Avenue is donating the profits from ticket sales this weekend (June 24-26) to Fuck Bans Action Plan: The Immediate Impact Fund. We encourage you to take action too.
Services here in Minnesota are critical, and in our neighboring states, even more so. Additional resources on donating, volunteering, and a list of mental health support resources are listed below.
- Fuck Bans Action Plan: The Immediate Impact Fund – providing direct abortion support to those in need. Donations will be split between Keep Our Clinics, National Network of Abortion Funds, and Repro Legal Defense Fund.
- Red River Women’s Clinic (New Location) – The RRWC of Fargo, North Dakota, is readying a new location in Moorhead, Minnesota. The RRWC has served as North Dakota’s only abortion clinic for over 20 years and is now moving to ensure care is not interrupted for people seeking abortions in this region.
- Planned Parenthood North Central States – protecting and providing care where legally possible.
- SisterSong – the largest national multi-ethnic Reproductive Justice collective.
- National Network of Abortion Funds – abortion funds provide funding, travel, lodging, and other wrap-around supports.
- Just the Pill – providing Minnesota (especially rural communities) with mobile/telehealth sexual and reproductive healthcare.
- Fuck Bans Action Plan: The Fight Back Fund – investing in direct democracy and local organizing.
- Consider volunteering with the Planned Parenthood of Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota Action Fund.
- Find a rally to express yourself and be with community.
- Stay up to date and engaged in your local and national politics. Vote Save America has resources as well as local and national volunteer opportunities to defend and grow progressive majorities.
- Volunteer with Showing Up for Racial Justice working to shift power around issues like abortion and healthcare.
Early Voting Starts NOW!
- Check your registration (or register if you haven’t).
- Request a mail-in ballot or vote in person at your county election office.
- See what’s on your ballot via the Secretary of State’s website.
Mental Health Support – Take Care of Yourself!
Hennepin County mental health emergencies
The Cope mobile crisis teams can come to where you are. The teams respond to anyone in Hennepin County who needs an urgent response. If the situation is life-threatening or you need immediate response, call 911.
Minnesota Department of Human Services cellphone crisis lines
- Call **CRISIS (274747)
- Text MN to 741741
- Visit online: Hennepin County mental health emergency services
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
National Domestic Violence Hotline
- Call 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- Text LOVEIS to 22522
- TTY 1-800-787-3224
Email and live chat are also available online. Hablamos español.
If you’re in an emergency situation, please call 911.
Visit online: National Domestic Violence Hotline