First Avenue, the Twin Cities’ premier entertainment venue and music promoter, is seeking a dynamic and self-motivated individual for Front of House Supervisor at The Depot Tavern. The Front of House Supervisor is detail-oriented, focused, and can work quickly and efficiently with distractions in a fun and fast-paced environment.
This position is part ambassador, part staff hiring, development, and training, with an emphasis on Guest service development, execution, and ongoing training. The right candidate should have relevant experience in these as related to restaurant and hospitality. A passion for music is a must, as this position works directly for The Depot Tavern, First Avenue & 7th St Entry, Turf Club, and Palace Theatre, as well as other special events and festivals. This position reports directly to the Director of General Operations.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Assist with the creation and delivery of excellent guest service
- Hiring of staff and proper staffing level scheduling
- Assist with research and analysis for upcoming menu changes, concerts, and events
- Responsible for the creation and execution of necessary restaurant and event specific procedural expectations.
- Help manage physical food, supply, and beverage elements including ordering, inventory and quality food menu execution
- Assist in researching menu option items and excellent food menu item execution.
- Maintain relationships with key purveyors and local partners
- Assist with quantifying success and efficiency of menu and drink mix and menu and drink offerings
- Help manage to-budget on all areas of responsibility
- Coordinate with various departments (booking, finance, box office, production, events)
- Miscellaneous administrative tasks including filing, record keeping, and reporting as needed
- 4-year degree or comparable relevant experience
- Minimum of three years experience in a full-time relevant position
- Traditional scheduling, ordering, and new training planning experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills required. Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential, as well as diligent attention to detail. Candidate will be collaborating with, presenting ideas to, and contextualizing results for a broad audience
- Must thrive in a team environment, but be able to take initiative and work independently
- Candidate must have strong computer knowledge of Excel, Word, various system applications and excellent knowledge of relevant online industry ordering systems
- Must be highly organized, detailed-oriented, and excited to work in an all-hands-on-deck team environment
- We value motivated, creative, innovative folks
- Be prepared to proofread
- Must have a passion for music, and diversity in musical taste, the arts, and entertainment
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Health, Dental, and 401K benefits after 90 days
- Health savings & flex savings medical accounts available through company benefits
- 10 vacation days + sick/safe time days + birthday is a paid holiday
- Paid holidays as identified by First Avenue
- Fun and pleasant work environment
- Downtown office on many bus lines and blocks from the light rail
This is a full-time, exempt position. The position will often be required to work nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hours.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.