This Friday, Sean Anonymous hosts his 10th annual birthday show in the Mainroom. Ahead of the big party, we got to pick the brains of Sean, DJ Name, Sims, Greg Grease, Crunchy Kids, Sophia Eris, and Chuck U - get to know ‘em below, and we’ll see you Friday!
1. Favorite place to eat in Minneapolis: Hard times… or Quang or Victor's
2. Pre-show routine: 1. Find least populated corner of green room. 2. Rap nonsense to myself as fast as I can. 3. Jump up and down while punching the air (like a boxer). 4. Walk on stage.
3. Song you couldn’t live without:
Mr. Big - “To Be With You”
4. How do you know Sean:
I am him
Photo: Adam DeGross
1. Favorite place to eat in Minneapolis: probably Muddy Waters. It’s really close to my house, they have great food, and the owners & staff are really cool.
2. Pre-show routine: trying to get about ten minutes to myself, putting on a fresh shirt, and drinking some warm water.
3. One song you couldn't live without: “West Savannah” by Isaiah Rashad ft. SZA
4. How do you know Sean: I’m Sean’s dj and I make some of the beats he raps on. We used to be in a group called Wide Eyes together. We met back in 06 while doing shows at the Dinkytowner and have been working together since 2008.
1. Favorite place to eat in Minneapolis: Upton 43
2. Pre-show routine: Rail whiskey, water, and a thorough stretch
3. One song you couldn’t live without: Luther Vandross, “Never Too Much”
4. How do you know Sean? The sidewalk in front of the Dinkytowner
DJ Just Nine
1. Favorite place to eat in Minneapolis: Revival
2. Pre-show routine: Eat a snack. Drink green tea. Practice my cuts.
3. One song you couldn’t live without: J Dilla - F#€k The Police
4. How do you know Sean? I met Sean years ago when DJ Name started working with him and Wide Eyes back in the day. Some of our first shows were together with them during the Dinkytowner days!