Job description: MARKETING ASSOCIATE - FIRST AVENUE
First Avenue & 7th St Entry, Turf Club, Fine Line, The Fitzgerald Theater, and Palace Theatre
Minneapolis, MN & St. Paul, MN
First Avenue, the Twin Cities’ premier entertainment venue and music promoter, is seeking a dynamic and self-motivated individual to help with the marketing and promotion of live music venues and events. Candidates best suited for this position will have previous experience in the live music and event space, understand traditional and digital media placements, and have managed social media presence for brands. This position reports directly to the Marketing Director.
This is a full-time, exempt position. Hours are typically Monday to Friday from 10AM to 6:30PM but will vary based on show schedule and management team needs. Availability on nights and weekends is required, but not expected to be regular.
- Manage the creation and delivery of marketing campaigns in print, digital, radio, street teams, social media engagement, and more
- Oversee show announcements to the general public via venue social media, website, and newsletters
- Implement digital marketing including paid media via Facebook, Instagram, and Google
- Track and report concert marketing expenses; help manage to-budget on all shows
- Quantify success and efficiency of marketing and promotions, media campaigns, social engagement, partnerships, current and future promotional outlets
- Manage the research and analysis for best strategies as related to upcoming concerts and events. Research and discover new sites and platforms to promote artists and venues.
- Maintain and foster relationships with key local partners
- Help manage physical promotional elements including posters, flyers, calendars, etc.
- Research new physical and digital outlets and partners to promote concerts and events
- Coordinate with various departments (booking, finance, box office, production, events)
- Assist with building show and event web pages as needed
- Proof marketing materials before public distribution, including newsletters, press releases, social media posts, print advertisements, and various additional items.
- Miscellaneous administrative tasks including fielding calls, filing, record keeping, and reporting
- 4-year degree or comparable relevant experience
- Minimum of three years of experience in an applicable position (live music, entertainment, event marketing)
- Experience with newsletter management systems (MailChimp, Emma, Constant Contact)
- Experience creating and managing digital and social campaigns with Facebook and Instagram, Twitter, and other various digital/social outlets
- Experiential marketing experience a plus (street team, non-traditional marketing)
- Excellent communication skills required. Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential, as well as diligent attention to detail. Candidate will be collaborating with, presenting campaigns to, and contextualizing results for a broad audience daily
- Must be proficient using Excel, PowerPoint or Keynote, and be comfortable with collaboration and asset management tools including Google Drive, Dropbox
- Be prepared to proofread
- Entry level graphic design experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Must thrive in a team environment, but be able to take initiative and work independently
- Candidate must have strong knowledge of various music applications and excellent knowledge of relevant blogs/apps/publications
- Must be highly organized, detailed-oriented, and excited to work in an all-hands-on-deck team environment
- We value motivated, creative, innovative folks
- Must have a passion for music, and diversity in musical taste, the arts, and entertainment
- Pay commensurate to experience
- Health, Dental, and 401K benefits after 90 days
- Health savings & flex savings medical accounts available through company benefits
- Ten (10) vacation days + sick/safe time days + birthday is a paid holiday
- Paid holidays as identified by First Avenue
- Fun work environment at a local, independently owned business
- Downtown Minneapolis office on bus lines, blocks from the light rail
- Access to live music and events
ABOUT THIS COMPANY
As one of the longest standing independently owned and operated music venues in the world, First Avenue’s roots are deep and far-reaching. From the avant-garde to the mainstream, First Avenue is committed to fostering local artists as well as bringing national music and entertainment excellence to Minneapolis. The Star Tribune nicely summed it up, "It’s a bar, a rock venue, a dance hall, a downtown landmark, and a music scene’s epicenter."
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.