Job description: Graphic Design & Advertising Assistant
To Apply: Please email your resume, cover letter, and design portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is responsible for the visual appearance of all marketing materials across all channels and brands of First Avenue, the Twin Cities’ premier promoter, entertainment venue, and restaurant group. We are seeking a candidate that is extremely proficient producing high-volume, fresh design, with relentless attention to detail. Must be passionate about design, advertising, and our brands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This is a hands-on graphic design position with fast-paced digital and print design and production responsibilities.
- Assemble artwork and admats for over 1,000 concerts and events each year. This includes inputting local information into preformatted ads, laying out print and digital ads, and creating weekly calendars and newsletters.
- Maintain all in-house advertising, including slideshow video images, print-at-home ads, and posters hung at First Avenue, 7thSt Entry, The Depot Tavern, and the Turf Club.
- Maintain all external advertising, including weekly City Pages ad and other print and digital accounts; billboards; social media and newsletter images. This includes formatting ads for use across all social media accounts.
- Oversee all graphic design needs for our venues beyond concerts, including menus, presentations and marketing decks, logos, and special projects.
- Create and manage new video content and update existing video templates in Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premier.
- Responsible for accuracy of projects including managing proofing schedules and quality assurance for ads.
- Oversee photography archive and maintain digital and physical archives.
- Assist with the creation of new images for merchandise, and also possible new merchandise items.
- Assist with street team and the distribution of materials
- BA in Graphic Design, Advertising, Marketing, or equivalent experience
- Fluent in Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premier) and design software
- Minimum of 2 years design related experience required
- Organizational management a must
- Ability to work on numerous projects simultaneously with aggressive deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction from clients and managers, and collaborate on projects with a team
- Knowledge of HTML and other web languages a plus
- Experience with Drupal, WordPress, and MailChimp a plus
- Experience proofreading and editing copy a plus
This is a full-time, exempt position, with weekday office hours. On occasion may be required to work nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hours.
- 80% hands-on design
- 30% new/creative driven design work
- 70% admat/template driven work
- 10% administrative
- 10% miscellaneous
- A passion for getting things done and having others get things done, and an appreciation for details and deadlines
- Ability to work long hours when needed and thrive under pressure
- Must be comfortable working as part of a team in a loud, unconventional office environment
- Love of live music and active concert-going a must