BOOKING DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT
THE TURF CLUB
First Avenue, the Twin Cities' busiest live music and events promoter, is looking for an addition to our booking department to concentrate on the Turf Club. Named by City Pages as “Best Rock Club of 2015”, the Turf Club is a St. Paul live music landmark. This position is responsible for supporting the First Avenue booking department for events at the Turf Club, including live music, brunches, special events, dance nights, and other non-concert events. We are seeking a candidate that is extremely passionate and knowledgeable about our local music and nightlife scene.
This is a full-time position with fluctuating weekly hours, including most nights, weekends, and holidays. We understand that working nights and weekends is not for everyone. Please do not apply if this schedule does not suit your lifestyle.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Show Advance: Coordinate all show details with tour manager, from booking through day-of-show, and relay any necessary info to Operations Manager and Booking Department. Arrive before doors and serve as contact for day-of-show needs and issues.
- Arrange hospitality: Shop to fulfill riders, staying within budget.
- Show Settlement: Deal with ticketing and guestlist issues at the door. Gather all show expenses, tally door numbers, finalize settlement sheets, and pay tour managers/bands after show. Stay in communication with operations managers/door people on number of sellable tickets available and problems that may occur.
- Booking assist: Work under the Head of Booking to help book shows and fill support slots at the Turf Club and Clown Lounge. Primary focus would be on local bands, brunches, special event and non-concert events.
- Marketing: Assist with marketing ideas for all Turf Club shows and events, and be in charge of maintaining in-house promotions including posters, table tents, and flyers. Also, run any in-house giveaways and promotions for special events.
- Admin: Track and compile show-related information. Coordinate information on Advance Sheets, Offer Sheets, Door Sheets, Sound Sheets, Contacts Database, Expense/Revenue Sheets.
- Misc: Maintain the Turf Club office including basic office, administrative tasks, and anything requested by Head of Booking or GM.
This is not a 9-5 job! Must be comfortable working nights on a fluctuating weekly schedule. Must be resourceful, extremely organized, self-disciplined, and think quickly on your feet. MUST be a team player with a can-do positive attitude, and feel comfortable maintaining a superior level of service to the venue, owners, artists, artist reps, and fans 100% OF THE TIME - under extreme pressure.
Must have a passion for music and diversity in musical taste, the arts, and entertainment.
Please send your resume in the body of the email to email@example.com
This Friday, catch pop-up performances from Kamaree Williams and more at @flipphonempls XXL: A Bey Dance Party. Did we mention DJ Fancy Restaurant (of Flip Phone) will spin an entire Beyoncé set? This Friday in the Mainroom. Tickets available at first-avenue.com. #flipphone #beyonce #bey #danceparty #firstavenue #minneapolis